What is API.AI?
API.AI is a conversational user experience platform enabling brand-unique, natural language interactions for bots, devices, applications and services. You can use API.AI to build intelligence for the chatbot that you can make using Slaask.
How does API.AI work with Slaask?
It is not mandatory to use API.AI with Slaask, as Slaask also provides you a well-designed chatbot. Nevertheless, if you want to give your chatbot more intelligence and make it more suitable for your company, don’t hesitate to create your own bot in API.AI and connect it to Slaask.
By using API.AI, you can:
- configure the small talk feature to answer some short questions for your leads and customers, such as “how are you?”, “what time is it?”, and so on. (‘small talk’ is polite conversation about unimportant or uncontroversial matters, especially as engaged in on social occasions.)
- create intents to define questions and corresponding answers. If you define several answers to question, the bot will pick one of the answers randomly and send it to your leads and customers.
After creating your own chatbot(agent) on your API.AI account, you can use such bot as your Slaask Bot.
Your use of API.AI does not affect the knowledge base you imported to your Slaask account. After receiving an inquiry from your lead or customer, the chatbot will always start from checking your API.AI agent first. Only when the chatbot cannot find the right answer from your API.AI, will it start to search the knowledge base you imported to your Slaask account.
How to integrate API.AI with Slaask?
- Sign in to your API.AI account, copy the “Client access token” in the general settings.
- Sign in to slaask.com.
- Select “Integrations” on the left panel.
- Select the tab “AI” and click on the “Connect” button under API.AI’s logo.
- Paste the “Client access token” in the field “API key” and choose the language (Currently English, Russian, Italian, French are available).
- Click “Integrate Api.ai”.
- Finally, you will see that your API.AI has been successfully connected to Slaask.
How to test whether the integration works?
- Go to your Slaask account.
- Select “Your bots”.
- Click on the tab “Knowledge base”.
- Enable your bot with the mode “Push my knowledge base when my team is online or offline”.
- Talk with your bot from the visitor’s end, to see whether your bot can bring intelligence in addition to your FAQ (knowledge base).
- Slack admins and Admins can get access to this feature.
- Available on all plans.