Now you can chat from Slack with your leads and customers not only when they are on your site, your mobile app or your Twitter account, but also when they are on your company’s Facebook pages!
Here is how it works:
- When a lead/customer starts a conversation via your company’s Facebook messenger, a channel is created on your Slack with all his/her basic info, including Facebook ID, language, name, timezone offset and profile picture.
- On the lead/customer end, the messages will look the same than if they were directly posted from Facebook.
Here are more details:
- You can set up groups (also known as the automatic chat dispatching system) on your Slaask account. By doing so, your leads/customers on Facebook Messenger can choose the department or group that they want to chat with.
- You can only connect 1 Facebook account to a single Slaask livechat (widget).
- If multiple team members chat in a conversation on your end, there will be no distinction between the personal identities of the team members on the Facebook end: they will be seen as one single entity.
- As usual, if you add “@your-teammate-username” at the very beginning of your message, the message will be sent as an internal message and will not be shown on Facebook.
- The command “
!close” will work.
- Your reply can include texts as well as images (.gif, .jpg, .png, etc.) and emojis.
- You need to be a Facebook page admin to connect your Facebook page to Slaask.
- Even when your team is offline or your Slaask is in delayed chat mode, if a lead sends you a message on Facebook via messenger, a channel will still be created in your Slack, and your team member can answer it when he/she comes back online.
- Your team member’s first response time for messages sent on Facebook won’t be counted in the “Insights” page.
When chatting with your leads and customers while they are on your company’s Facebook page, if you delete or edit a message you have already sent from Slack, the message won’t be deleted/edited on Facebook. (FYI: on Facebook you cannot edit or delete any message from your company Facebook messenger. This is how Facebook works).
How to integrate Facebook with Slaask?
- Sign in to your company’s Facebook account on facebook.com.
- Go to slaask.com and click on “Sign in” at the upper right-hand corner of the website.
- Select “Personalization” on the left panel.
- Choose the widget you want to connect with Facebook.
- Select the tab “Facebook”.
- Click on the button “Connect your Facebook page”. (If you haven’t signed in to your company’s Facebook account yet, you will be asked to sign in after this step).
- You will see that your company’s Facebook account has been successfully connected to Slaask.
- Test the Facebook connection by sending a message from your company’s Facebook account; you should receive this message on your Slack in real time. 🙂
- Slack admins and Admins can get access to this feature.
- Available on all plans.