Delayed chat mode
Delayed chat mode is one of 2 Slaask modes (live chat mode / delayed chat mode). Delayed chat mode is really dedicated to situations where no one on your team is available to chat with your leads/customers.
With delayed chat mode, the widget is still available to your leads and customers, but once opened, can show a specific message and a simple form, asking for an email address and a message/request.
Live chat mode
Live chat mode is one of 2 Slaask modes (live chat mode / delayed chat mode). Live chat mode is really dedicated to situations where your team is available to chat with your leads/customers.
With live chat mode, communication from your visitors funnels directly into Slack.
This mode is how your leads/customers can directly reach your team, ask questions and get instant replies.
How can you control your live chat status?
In short, your live chat status is defined in 3 different ways:
- Scheduling your live chat. (Managing your business’s status with scheduling)
- Using command
!off. (Managing your team’s availability for live chat using Slaask commands)
- Automatically detecting a team member’s presence.
If you want to switch your live chat to delayed chat mode, regardless of how it was switched to live chat mode, you can do so using one of these three ways.
However, if you want to switch your live chat to live chat mode, you’ll have to do so in the same way you switched it to the delayed chat mode.
- My live chat was automatically switched to live chat mode this morning following the schedule I set. However, after one hour, I want to switch my live chat to delayed chat mode. I can either change the settings on the schedule page, directly use the command
!offin the Slaask channel, or ask all my team members to log off, so the live chat can be switched to delayed chat mode.
- I switched Slaask to delayed chat mode using the command
!offin the Slaask channel last night, so this morning, I want to switch Slaask to live chat mode. I can ONLY use the command
!onto switch Slaask to live chat mode.
Delayed chat mode and its notifications
When your Slaask is in delayed chat mode and when one of your leads/customers uses it to share their needs with your team, your team can be notified in 2 different ways:
- In your company mailbox
- On your ticketing system (recommended option). Why should I use a ticketing system email address?
This can be configured by going to your Slaask account ->Personalization -> Offline -> “Which email address should Slaask send your messages to when your livechat is offline? (It can be a ticketing system email address).”
- Slack admins and Admins can get access to this feature.
- Available on all plans.